Saturday 2 March 2013

Foodie Penpals - February 2013 Reveal Day

My Foodie Penpal parcel is one of the most anticipated items to come through the letter box every month.  I get really excited wondering what delights will be inside the box this month.   I get equally excited when I'm shopping for items to send to my penpal.  This month, I sent a box of goodies to Alex who lives in Portugal and blogs at Trending Recipes - if you'd like to see what I sent to Portugal, check out the blog post here.

My sender this month was Vicki who lives in Somerset.  Vicki emailed me a couple of weeks ago to see if there was anything I particularly liked or disliked, she obviously took on board my reply, as everything inside of her parcel was just perfect.

So, what did I get this month?

A bottle of Cider, anyone who knows me well will know that my tipple of choice is cider.  I'm not a big drinker but I do love a glass of Cider, and Somerset Cider is amongst the best.  This is a bottle of Reveller from Orchard Pig.  The bottle design is really retro and quirky.

Chedder Cheese.  Oh how I love cheese, one of my biggest guilty pleasures.  Vicki sent a block of mature Chedder made by Greens of Glastonbury which are based near to where Vicki lives.

And to go with the chedder .....  a jar of home-made green tomato chutney, made by Vicki herself, and to serve with those?   A box of Bath Water Biscuits made by the Fine Cheese Company.  This really is my perfect snack - usually a late night indulgence.  I'm really looking forward to sampling these.

Vicki also included a sweet treat, and one that I've not come across before.  A 9 Bar, Vicki says that she loves these.  It's a wholefood seed bar with a chocolate flavour covering.  I think this will be perfect for my morning coffee break when I'm working.

And finally, another item that is home-made by Vicki and that I've not come across before.  It's a traditional middle eastern dip called DUKKAH, Vicki made it by toasting cumin, coriander, sesame seeds and hazelnuts.  It can be used as a seasoning or to dip bread in after dipping in oil first.  It smells divine, I've just put it into a jar and am going to buy some speciality bread tomorrow and give it a try.

Thanks so much to Vicki for such a well thought out parcel, full of some great products.  I'm really going to enjoy these.   If you'd like to join the Foodie Penpal programme, check out the joining instructions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment