Friday 26 August 2016

The Irritatingly Erotic Adventures Of Charles McBride: A Novella by Alan Williams



Charles McBride is fat. He's been through hell, hates everyone and he’s had enough. Now he's going on holiday - alone. But something is about to happen on the train through Italy, that will change his life forever. 
Women might want him but they are not going to have him. Men might want him and they certainly aren't going to have him! Charles is in a temper about everything. He’s going to the seaside fashion capital of Tuscany and he’s stopped holding his stomach in, he’s lost his favourite underwear and he's dressed to kill - or at least cut off his blood supply. 
The author of The Blackheath Seance Parlour brings you a new character that might just prove more popular than the formidable alcoholics that tore apart Victorian London. 
Why not join Charles now as he sips a drink in a little Italian bar and lets out one of those holiday sighs that relinquishes all the stresses and concerns of life back home. His holiday is about to begin. 





The Irritatingly Erotic Adventures of Charles McBride by Alan Williams was published as an ebook at the beginning of August 2016.  I don't own an e-reader, I don't usually read ebooks. However, ever since I read Alan Williams' novel The Blackheath Seance Parlour in October 2013, I've been desperate to read more of his work. This novella is just a short read at around 40 pages, I read it on my phone and snorted and chuckled the whole way through it.

I'm not going to re-tell the story, why would I when this author has already done it so very well? What I'd like to happen is that people will go to Amazon and download it, it's just £2.31 at the time of writing - less than a decent cup of artisan coffee for goodness sake. I assure you, you will not be disappointed ..... well, you won't if you like totally off-the-wall, absolutely bonkers story-telling that features characters who will amaze you and tickle all of your fancies whilst entertaining you and making you smile.

It's rude, it's damn funny, it's perfectly put together. Join Charles as he returns to a favourite holiday spot. He's sure that he knows just what's in store for him ............... are you?

I giggled and snorted my way through Charles' story. I loved it, it's totally bonkers, but I loved it!

My thanks to the author who let me see a pre-publication copy of The Irritatingly Erotic Adventures of Charles McBride.








About Alan Williams by Alan Williams ...
I was born in Wales with the Brecon Beacons as my garden, that will be incorporated into my upcoming book The Lanes of Wales (working title) though they might not be thrilled with it - it's pretty horrific - the book, not Wales.

I love travel, the more off the beaten track the better, the Peruvian Amazon, Venezuela's Mount Roraima (see Conan Doyle's Lost World) and the smaller town of Japan's Islands being my favourites - so far. 

My heart runs to a small seaside town in West Wales whenever I need escape. I've turned that into my next novel The Adequate Swimmer.

I live in Blackheath, South East London, home of the Blackheath Seance Parlour and I work in film and television. 

Basically, reading this back, I appear to be turning all the places I love into horrendous places in my books. I seem to be systematically destroying my life! Still, it's Bingo tonight.


Follow him on Twitter @Alan_L_Williams



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment